The Dragos Threat Operations team serves as boots-on-the-ground on solving industrial control system security challenges. We then bring that expertise back and integrate it into our software technology: The Dragos Platform. Dragos is looking for a Senior Reverse Engineer to join its Research and Development team. This position works closely with Threat Operations Center, Intelligence teams and Engineering teams to extend insights in industrial protocol analysis, network behavior, and network situational awareness.
- Generate innovative asset identification capabilities, protocol parsers, and threat behavior analytics for the Dragos Platform
- Conduct in-depth reverse engineering of hardware and software to support building and testing of both network protocol parsers and detection logic
- Research and document system modification, command and control protocols, encryption/encoding schemes and other general functionality
- Work with customers and industry partners to collect, analyze and capitalize on new host and network analytic opportunities in production environments.
- Willingness to be a team player on fast-moving team focused on rapidly innovating the state of industrial security
- 4+ years utilizing static and dynamic analysis tools to conduct in-depth reverse engineering of hardware and/or software without source
- Prior development experience with python, rust, ruby, go, lua, etc
- Proficient in x86/x86_64 Intel assembly and disassemblers including IDA Pro, Ghidra, etc
- Awareness of common operating system internals and the ability to identify analytic opportunities
- Comfort working with multi-terabyte host and network datasets
- Experience with blue and red team security tool plugin development (Zeek NSM modules, Wireshark dissectors, Metasploit modules, etc)
- Ability to continually understand and track the latest offensive tools and tactics
- Applied knowledge of communication fundamentals to include network and serial traffic
- Adept at both verbal presentation and technical writing
Nice to Have
- Experience with industrial control systems, networks and/or protocols
- A solid background of operational red team and/or blue team experience
- Ability to travel (<10%) to customer sites to collect and analyze data
Dragos seeks passionate, hard-working, fun-loving, small-ego, big-brained people. Our tagline is Safeguarding Civilization not because we think highly of ourselves, but because the problems we are solving are critically important, today and in the years to come. We look for ICS experts across industries who are committed to growing global expertise in the space by training the next wave of future innovators and thought leaders.
We offer competitive salaries, equity, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401K and life insurance.
Dragos is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. Come join us!