Goodfood (TSX:FOOD) is a leading online grocery service in Canada, delivering fresh meal solutions that make it easy for members from coast to coast to enjoy delicious meals at home every week. Goodfood’s mission is to make the impossible come true, from farm to kitchen, by enabling members to do their weekly meal planning and grocery shopping in minutes. Goodfood members get access to a unique selection of products online as well as exclusive pricing made possible by its world-class direct-to-consumer fulfillment eco-system. Goodfood currently has more than 280,000 active subscribers and over 3,000 dedicated and passionate employees across Canada.
Reporting to the National Health and Safety Director, the Health and Safety Business Partner serves as the regional Health and Safety leader responsible for the execution of the Goodfood Market Health and Safety strategy and programs for all Goodfood Market sites within their region. This entails support the design and development of the Health amp; Safety programs. It also entails leading the onsite implementation and execution of the Health amp; Safety programs. The position is responsible for promoting and supporting the Operations Teams in delivering a safe and secure environment for employees. The Hamp;S Business Partner will proactively interacts with Regional Operations teams, Hygiene, Facility Managements and HRBPs to influence and nurture trust-based relationships with all regional stakeholders.
This position can be based in either Calgary, AB or Vancouver, BC.
- Participate in the development of the Health and Safety Program.
- Support the implementation of Goodfood’s strategic Health and Safety plan
- Coach and support the local Operations Teams to develop an Health and Safety culture
- Ensure the consistency of execution of Hamp;S Program within the region.This includes implementing policies, programs and processes to report and improve upon existing occupational health amp; safety practices and investigations.
- Support the organization in the exercise of Hamp;S best practices
- Working with GMs, Directors, supervisors and HRBPs the implementation of corrective measures.
- Partner with Site Leader to ensure Health, Safety compliance regarding regulatory requirements of the province
- Ensure the execution of the communication plan and share good practices within all departments.
- Support the coordination of crisis situations and act as a resource person with the partners and authorities concerned;
- Responsible of developing relationships with Local Health and Safety Authority
- Monitor Hamp;S performance indicators and a develop regional plan with the Operations Teams to improve them.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health and Safety, Industrial Relations, Human Resources or other equivalent field and/or related Professional Certification.
- Minimum of 6 years in a Health and Safety management in manufacturing or food industry, including experience in a multi-site context.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment and the ability to adapt to constant changes impacting health and safety.
- Knowledge of applicable OSH laws, standards and regulations.
- Strong communication skills and maintaining good interpersonal relationships with various stakeholders.
- An innovative mindset, constantly looking for new technology and practices.
- Computer literacy (Google suite, Slack, Asana).
- Fluent in both English and French.
Our team strives to give our members a world class customer experience. We believe in being ambassadors of the brand to make the impossible come true from the farm to table!
What we have to offer our employees:
- Competitive Group Insurance
- Personal No Questions asked days
- Annual bonus program
- Annual fitness credit
- Employee stock option program
- Employee STM program amp; more